Avalon Waterways ‘Subscribe and Win’ Competition
Major Prize Conditions
ligibility and Entry
• Competition is open to Australian residents only, over the age of 18 years at the time of entry who are new subscribers to the Avalon Waterways e-newsletter (eNEWs). Where a first time subscriber (the entrant) subscribes to Avalon Waterways eNEWs and provides the email address of a referrer, the referrer will also gain a single entry into the competition.
• Employees of the Globus Family as represented in Australia as Circuit Travel Pty Ltd and their immediate Family members are not eligible.
• Competition commences and entries must be received online, notwithstanding any internet connectivity outages, between 12:00am Monday 21 April 2014 and 11:59pm Tuesday September 30 2014, AEST.
• Entry is via the www.avalonwaterways.com.au website by clicking the ‘Subscribe & Win’ icon on the home page. Entries received outside of the specified open dates are not eligible. Partial or incomplete entries are not eligible. Compulsory fields for first time subscribers include first name, last name, email address, phone number and state. Compulsory field for referrers include email address.
• The first complete prize draw will take place on Friday, 3 October 2014 at 10am AEST at Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (Level 5, 309 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000) and the first randomly drawn name will be deemed the winner.
• The winner will be contacted by telephone (if provided) and email as well as being announced in the October issue of Avalon Waterways eNEWS and online via the website on Friday, 3 October 2014.
• Circuit Travel Pty Ltd reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by Circuit Travel Pty Ltd to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Circuit Travel Pty Ltd’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
• Unless otherwise provided, if the prize or a part of the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, Circuit Travel Pty Ltd reserves the right to substitute the prize or the portion of the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any applicable law. Circuit Travel Pty Ltd has the right to change portions of the prize as determined.
• In the event that the Prize is unclaimed within 3 months, the unclaimed reward will be distributed via a Second Chance Prize Draw.
• The Second Chance Prize Draw will be the first randomly drawn from the eligible individuals. The Second Chance Prize Draw will take place at Circuit Travel Pty Ltd (same address as above) on Monday, 5 January 2015 at 10am AEST.
• The Second Prize Draw Winner will be notified in writing via email and a telephone call as well as being announced in of the January Avalon Waterways eNEWS and online via the website on Monday, 5 January 2015.
• In the event of the prize not being claimed within 3 months of the second chance draw date, the unclaimed prize will expire. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law Circuit Travel Pty Ltd shall not be liable for any cost, expense, loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or inconsequential loss) or for any personal injury or damage to property which is suffered or sustained as a result of accepting the prize.
• The winner of the ‘Subscribe and Win’ competition will win 1 major prize of:
- 8-day/7-night Avalon Waterways ‘Paris to Normandy’s Landing Beaches’ river cruise departing from Paris and traveling along the Seine river to Normandy’s Beaches before sailing back to Paris
- Category B deluxe outside cabin on Sapphire Deck aboard the Avalon Tapestry II – Twin Share (the competition winner can bring one travel companion)
- Includes 7 nights aboard ship
- Return international economy airfares plus taxes from major Australian gateway cities only (SYD, MEL, BNE, ADL, DRW, PER)
- All meals whilst cruising with complimentary premium wines, beer or soft drinks with dinner
- Port Charges and Pre-Paid gratuities to Cruise Director and Crew
- Airport to ship transfer on first day of itinerary only for flights arriving between 6:00AM and 2:30PM and airport to ship transfer on last day of itinerary only for flights departing between 6:00AM and 6:00PM
- Sightseeing with Local Guides including visits of many attractions
- Full itinerary details are available on page 8 of the 2015 Avalon Waterways River Cruises Preview e-brochure
- Total prize value up to $13,500 per couple
- Valid for travel on WPP itinerary only, listed in the 2015 e-brochure departing 31 October 2015
• The prize is valid for two passengers with identical travel arrangements, based on twin share accommodation in Category B cabin on Sapphire Deck commencing 31st of October 2015. Upgrade options to higher category cabin dependent on space and is at the prize winners cost. Upgrade costs are available on page 8 of the 2015 Avalon Waterways River Cruises Preview e-brochure.
• The prize is for the 8 day cruise (WPP) only, departing 31 October 2015. Additional accommodation may be booked via Avalon Waterways at prize winner’s cost and at time of making reservation. Additional accommodation costs are available on page 8 of the 2015 Avalon Waterways River Cruises Preview e-brochure.
• Any changes to the prize offer not instigated by Avalon Waterways will be incurred at the prize winner’s expense.
• Travel is subject to availability at time of booking.
• In the event that for any reason whatsoever any prize winner and travelling companion does not or is not able to take any prize at the time stipulated for any reason, the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
• The major prize winner and their travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth or Darwin). International return economy flights are included and the airline booked is to be determined at the time of the prize winner’s reservation being made. The airline chosen will be at the sole discretion of Avalon Waterways.
• Prize winners will be subject to, the nominated airline carrier for international flights, respective terms and conditions and will be disclosed at time of reservation.
• Any additional expenses (including travel insurance, optional excursions, visas, meals not listed as part of the cruise, spending money etc.) are the responsibility of the prize winner.
• It is a condition of travel that the prize-winner and guest are covered by some form of international travel insurance. Travel insurance can be arranged at the prize-winner’s own expense via a licensed travel agent.
• Both passengers must provide emergency contact details PRIOR TO TRAVEL so that The Company can get in touch with friends or family in case of an emergency. Emergency contact details should be provided by creating a customer portal account at www.globusfamily.com.au and following the instructions given.
• Any domestic airfares within Australia are subject to Government taxes and are an additional cost to the winner and their travelling companion.
• Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided and are correct at time of printing. Avalon Waterways accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
• Travel Documents, including e-ticket itineraries, are sent by post approximately four weeks prior to departure, provided full payment and Emergency Contact Details have been received.
• All entry data becomes the property of Avalon Waterways and will be entered into a database. Avalon Waterways may potentially use the entrants' names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
• By entering the promotion, entrants choose to opt in to the Avalon Waterways database.
• In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders its determination, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes; Avalon Waterways may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions.
• Full terms and conditions of Avalon Waterways cruises can be found on page 34-35 of the Avalon Waterways 2015 River Cruises Preview brochure or visit www.avalonwaterways.com.au
• The promoter is the Circuit Travel Pty Ltd, Level 5, 309 Kent Street, Sydney, NSW 2000. ABN 12 001 268 257. Licence No. 2TA000637
• Authorised under permit numbers: NSW LTPS/14/02430, ACT TP 14/01161, VIC 14/3812, SA T14/574.