- Are prices based on double occupancy?
- Prices are per person, based on two persons sharing a room. Single room supplements are listed where available.
- Are transfers included?
Transfers from the meeting location (hotel) to the ship are included in the cruise price. You can purchase your airport transfers direct from Avalon Waterways when making your cruise booking.
- Do I get discounts if I book multiple tours?
- Save $150 per couple (AU $75 per person) for every second or subsequent tour booked in the same calendar year. The more tours you book the more you save!
- Do I need Travel Insurance?
- We strongly recommend that you have a travel insurance policy whilst travelling. It’s important that you protect yourself in case of natural disasters, lost or delayed baggage and unforseen medical expenses.
- Do you accept travellers who need special assistance?
- Any disability requiring special attention should be reported to Avalon Waterways by you or your travel agent at the time the reservation is made. Avalon Waterways will make reasonable efforts to accommodate the special needs of disabled tour participants, but is not responsible in the event it is unable to do so, nor is it responsible for any denial of services by carriers, hotels, restaurants, or other independent suppliers. We regret that we cannot provide individual assistance to a tour member for walking, dining, and getting on and off motorcoaches and other transportation vehicles, or other personal needs. A qualified companion must accompany travellers who need such assistance.
On river cruises we do not have elevators that go to every level of the ship. Most doors to cabins, staterooms and restrooms are not wide enough to allow access by standard wheelchairs and other doorways may be fitted with coamings. For safety reasons travelers in wheelchairs cannot be carried on ramps in ports.
- How old does a child have to be to travel with Avalon Waterways?
- An adult must accompany travellers who are less than 18 years old on the tour departure date. We do not accept children under the age of 8.
- Is it safe to cruise while pregnant?
Avalon Waterways does not have specialised facilities and/or treatments for childbirth, prenatal or early infant care on board its cruise ships, nor may those facilities be available at ports of call or on land stays. The Company strongly urges pregnant travellers to consider the risks of travelling where necessary medical care for pregnancy may not be available and may not be reachable in a timely manner to address potential medical complications, problems and emergencies that can occur during pregnancy.
- What is a Single Room Supplement?
For single travellers who prefer the privacy of their own room and stateroom, single accommodation can be requested. Contact your Travel Agent for single room supplements.
(Please note: Payment of the single room supplement ensures your own room, not necessarily a twin-bedded room)
- What is SafetyNet Protection?
- Avalon Waterways is dedicated to ensuring your trip is worry and hassle free, even when booking. Should you be uncertain what your commitments will be leading up to your departure, Avalon Waterways offer a SafetyNet Protection policy*, for AU$75 per person.
There a 2 ways you could use SafetyNet Protection:
The SafetyNet Transfer Protection* enables Avalon Waterways passengers to amend their tour up to 24 hours prior to the cruise departure date to another cruise departing in the same calendar year, (once only) without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
The SafetyNet Cancellation Protection* enables Avalon Waterways passengers to cancel their tour in full - up to 30 days prior to the tour departure date, without any applicable cancellation charges or penalties.
SafetyNet Protection ensures you have complete peace of mind in the event of unforeseen circumstances prior to your holiday departure.
For further terms & conditions, please click here Safetynet Protection Policy.
- What is a Guaranteed Departure?
- Where "GD" appears next to a departure, the itinerary is a “Guaranteed Departure” and therefore guaranteed to operate. Tours without the “GD” indicator are still planned to operate, however may be subject to rescheduling. Many factors determine whether a departure becomes guaranteed. Ask your Travel Agent for advice on the best option for you.
- Will I need a passport and visa?
Passports are needed when travelling outside your country. Your passport should have at least six months validity once your trip concludes.
You are responsible for obtaining all necessary visas prior to the departure of your cruise. Depending on your nationality, you may need visas to enter certain countries included on your trip. We strongly advise that you consult your travel agent well in advance to determine which visas you require and how to obtain them.
- What is the staff to guest ratio?
So passengers receive unmatched personal service, our average staff to guest ratio is one staff member per three guests.
- Will I be travelling with people from other countries?
- Avalon Waterways is an international company. As such, you will be travelling with like-minded cruise enthusiasts from countries as diverse as the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa, as well as Europe and Asia regions.